Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Japan Update!

Dear Birdies,
After doing much research into the thought of keeping an online travel blog and app, I made the decision to blog my trip to Japan on Tumblr. I made this choice because Blogger unfortunately doesn't have a very good mobile app and although there is a decent mobile app I've added this blog onto, it doesn't always seem to keep my posts updated when offline.

But since I've been using Tumblr for about a year now (you can follow my official Tumblr blog here), and knowing that it's decently easy to use and you can not only post a lot of different content easily (as well as reblog stuff), but you can customize it easily.

I also thought about an online travel journal/app called Bonjournal. And while it looks really nice and I love the idea of being able to download it as a PDF, you can only put in three photos per entry and you can only do photos and text. So while its just generally really pretty and has a nice PDF download, I like the idea of keeping videos, photos, text, and anything all in one place.

So I started this blog: July in Japan. You can follow all my updates on there if you wish since I'll be posting there as often as I can. I also have an official blog for the trip at the program's blog but since I'm not sure what all kinds of content I can post on there or how often, I decided to make the Tumblr so I can post as often as I want and post anything I desire on it (although I won't post anything inappropriate on it, but I like knowing that its mine to do with as I please).

Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...